We hope that you were able to attend the Seventh Annual Information Security Summit—the premier Information Systems Security Event in Los Angeles. The Summit is known for its groundbreaking keynotes and speakers, and this year was no exception, with Internationally Renowned Security Technologist and Author Bruce Schneier and Dave Kennedy, founder and CEO of TrustedSec, LLC, each delivering a great Keynote, and Speakers Marcus Ranum, Ira Winkler, Rafal Los, Dmitri Alperovitch, Aaron Turner, John Dickson, Samy Kamkar, Jim Manico, Jerry Hoff and Kevin Cardwell, amongst the line-up of featured keynotes and speakers.
This year’s Summit and training classes, which took place June 4-5, 2015 at the acclaimed Los Angeles Convention Center, featured cutting-edge sessions, a wide variety of tracks, and more. Attendees were provided with the opportunity to engage in thought provoking discussions, heard from industry leaders, had peer-to-peer conversations and networked with some of the most interesting and influential people in the industry.
Bruce Schneier, Internationally Renowned Security Technologist, Blogger and Author
Bruce Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist, called a “security guru” by The Economist. He is the author of 12 books – including Liars and Outliers: Enabling the Trust Society Needs to Thrive – as well as hundreds of articles, essays, and academic papers. His influential newsletter “Crypto-Gram” and his blog “Schneier on Security” are read by over 250,000 people.
Schneier has testified before Congress, is a frequent guest on television and radio, has served on several government committees, and is regularly quoted in the press.
Schneier is a fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, a program fellow at the New America Foundation’s Open Technology Institute, a board member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an Advisory Board Member of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, and the Chief Technology Officer at Resilient Systems (https://www.schneier.com/about.html)
David Kennedy, founder and CEO of TrustedSec, LLC
Dave Kennedy is founder of TrustedSec and Binary Defense Systems. Both organizations focus on the betterment of the security industry from an offense and a defense perspective. David was the former Chief Security Officer (CSO) for a Fortune 1000 company where he ran the entire information security program. Kennedy is a co-author of the book “Metasploit: The Penetration Testers Guide,” the creator of the Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET), and Artillery. Kennedy has been interviewed by several news organizations including CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, Katie Couric, and BBC World News. Kennedy is the co-host of the social-engineer podcast and on a number of additional podcasts.
Kennedy has testified in front of Congress on two occasions on the security around government websites. Kennedy is one of the co-authors of the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES); a framework designed to fix the penetration testing industry. Kennedy is the co-founder of DerbyCon, a large-scale conference in Louisville Kentucky. Prior to Diebold, Kennedy was a VP of Consulting and Partner of a mid-size information security consulting company running the security consulting practice. Prior to the private sector, Kennedy worked for the United States Marine Corps and deployed to Iraq twice for intelligence related missions.
- Dmitri Alperovitch, Co-Founder & CTO, Crowdstrike
- Chris Calvert, Global Director, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Kevin Cardwell, Lead Consultant, CESI
- Debbie Christofferson, CIPP/IT, CISSP, CISM
- Eric Cowperthaithe, VP, Adv Security & Strategy at Core Security
- Jason Dablow, Senior Sales Engineer, Trend Micro
- John Dickson, Principal, The Denim Group
- Araceli Treu Gomes, Security Advisor, Verizon / Terremark
- Malcolm Harkins, VP, Intel Security Group
- Lori Harmon, Contrast Security
- Jerry Hoff, Principal Security Strategist, WhiteHat Security
- Samy Kamkar, Co-Founder, Unleak
- Rafal Los, Director of Solutions Research and Development, Accuvant
- Jim Manico, Secure Coding Instructor and Author, Manicode Security
- Joe McCray, Chief Technology Officer, Secure Ninja
- Matthew Prince, CEO, CloudFlare
- Marcus J. Ranum, CSO, Tenable Network Security
- Cynthia Marcotte Stamer. Esq., Solutions Lawyer
- Aaron Turner, Faculty at IANS and Founder & President, IntegriCell
- Mikko Varpiola, Founder, Codenomicon
- Jim Waggoner, Sr. Director Product Management, FireEye
- Ira Winkler, President, ISSA International and Secure Mentem
Attendees will be able to choose from the following tracks:
- Security Management Track
- Technical Track
- AppSec Track
- Digital Forensics Track
- Emerging Issues and Technologies Track
We are very excited to offer the following special all-day Forums:
- HealthCare Privacy and Security Forum
- Executive Forum
- CISO Executive Forum – (For CISOs and Top Level Security Directors)
We have a special Competition for you to test a variety of skills:
- The Challenge Room
- There are a variety of hotels in the area around the Convention Center and several are listed below.
- Here is a partial list:
- Luxe City Center Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott LA Live
- JW Marriott LA Live
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites
Parking at the Los Angeles Convention Center
- Parking is $15, payable upon entrance to the Convention Center garage (cash and major credit cards accepted).
- For easiest access to the Summit space, plan to park in the West Garage, accessible off of LA Live Way; the Summit will take place in the West Hall.
Additional information about the Summit site
- To view the Convention Center’s “Frequently Asked Questions” page, click here.
Getting to the Convention Center
- The LACC is accessible by car as well as public transit.
Airport Transfer Options
- The LACC is accessible by car, Supershuttle and taxi from both LAX and Burbank airports.
LA Convention Center
The Los Angeles Convention Center, located in the revitalized section of Downtown LA, walking distance to the Staples Center and LA Live, hosts more than 2 million visitors and 350 events annually. With 720,000 sq. ft. of exhibit hall space and 147,000 sq. ft. of meeting room space, the Center is a world class venue. Its soaring architecture of glass and steel will give the visitors a feeling of spaciousness and comfort not often found in many event spaces.
Summit Diamond Sponsors
Summit Platinum Sponsors