Thank you for joining companies and industry peers for the premier Information Security event in Los Angeles. The Eighth Annual Information Security Summit offered comprehensive, cutting-edge educational sessions presented by a world-class line up of keynote and featured presenters.
Attendees were able to choose from a variety of talks on the latest hot topics, including security governance, application security, security awareness, and risk management.
We hope those of you that attended one of the three special all-day Forums took away some great knowledge.
- HealthCare Privacy and Security Forum
- Executive Forum – A Gathering of Business Executives and Law Enforcement
- CISO Forum – For CISOs and Top Level Security Professionals
We hope you were able to save big when you signed up with one of our package plans which included both the Summit on May 20th and one of our fantastic discounted Training classes on Thursday May 19th!
We hope you enjoyed Summit 8
Your Summit registration included:
May 19: Ira Winkler’s session, “Applying Threat Intelligence to Improve Security Awareness Programs” and our Opening Reception at the Saddle Ranch Chop House on the famous City Walk
May 20th: Breakfast, Breaks, Lunch and Post-Summit Reception
We hope you took advantage of an amazing full day of training classes Thursday, May 19th, 2016.
- Application Security for Managers
- Enterprise Threat Intelligence Workshop
- Information Security Management Boot Camp for IT Professionals
- Real World Red Team Attacks
Jack Daniel, Leading Technology Community Activist
Jack Daniel works for Tenable Network Security, has over 20 years’ experience in network and system administration and security, and has worked in a variety of practitioner and management positions.
A technology community activist, he supports several information security and technology organizations. Jack is a co-founder of Security BSides, serves on the boards of three Security BSides non-profit corporations, and helps organize Security B-Sides events.
Jack is a frequent speaker at technology and security events. An early member of the information security community on Twitter, @jack_daniel is an active and vocal Twitter user. Jack is a CISSP, holds CCSK, and is a Microsoft MVP for Enterprise Security.Cory Doctorow, Sci-Fi Novelist, Blogger and Technology Activist
Cory Doctorow (craphound.com) is a science fiction novelist, blogger and technology activist. He is the co-editor of the popular weblog Boing Boing (boingboing.net), and a contributor to The Guardian, Publishers Weekly, Wired, and many other newspapers, magazines and websites. He is a special consultant to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (eff.org), a non-profit civil liberties group that defends freedom in technology law, policy, standards and treaties. He holds an honorary doctorate in computer science from the Open University (UK), where he is a Visiting Professor; in 2007, he served as the Fulbright Chair at the Annenberg Center for Public Diplomacy at the University of Southern California.
World-Class Speakers include:
- Ira Winkler, President of Secure Mentem and Co-host of The Irari Report
- Mark Weatherford, SVP, Chief Cybersecurity Strategist at vArmour, former DHS First Deputy Under Secretary for Cybersecurity, and the former first CISO of California
- Bob Bigman, Former CISO of the CIA
- Malcolm Harkins, Global Chief Information Security Officer, Cylance, Inc.
- Jim Manico, Founder, Secure Coding Instructor, Manicode Security
- Jeremiah Grossman, Founder, Whitehat Security
- Brian Engle, Executive Direcdtor, R-CISC, Retail Cyber Intelligence Sharing Center
- Rafal Los, Director, Solutions R&D, Optiv Inc
- Dr. Robert Pittman, CISO, Los Angeles County
- Carey Nachenberg, Symantec Fellow
- Chenxi Wang, Chief Strategy Officer, Twistlock
- Pamela Fusco, Founding Partner, Gid Grid
- Andrea Hoy, ISSA International President and CEO of A. Hoy & Associates
Gary Fagan, Chief Deputy District Attorney for San Bernadino will be joining a Privacy vs. Security panel with lawyers from the ACLU and EFF, and moderated by ISSA-LA President Richard Greenberg, to discuss the Apple-FBI controversy. You will not want to miss this!
We have a special CTF Competition for you to test a variety of skills:
The Challenge Room
- Universal City Hilton reservation link for special pricing expiring April 28th 2016
Parking at the Universal Hilton
- Parking with validation is $12 for self parking and $20 for valet
Airport Transfer Options
- The Universal Hilton is accessible by car, Supershuttle and taxi from both LAX and Burbank airports.
By attending ISSA-LA Summit, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and their release to be used for promotional purposes, inclusion on websites and social media, or any other purpose ISSA-LA deems necessary.